CHICKEN PEANUT BAKE
CHICKEN PEANUT BAKE:
1 large garlic clove, chopped
2 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
1 tbsp chili paste
1 can coconut milk
2 tbsp Martinnaise Soya-free Soya-style Sauce
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
3/4 cup no added sugar Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Martinnaise sugar-free Maple syrup
Salt to taste
1) Preheat oven to 180°C and add 6-8
chicken pieces to a baking dish.
1) In a pot: fry garlic, ginger + chili paste for 1-2
2) Add coconut milk, Martinnaise Soya-free Soya-style Sauce, fish
sauce + rice vinegar.
3) When it starts to simmer: mix in PB +
maple syrup until completely combined.
4) Pour over chicken and bake for
This is a base recipe aka a starting point.
Taste the sauce before pouring over the chicken and adjust PB + Maple syrup quantities to taste.
The chicken will leak it's beautiful stock/juices while baking. Just remove the baking dish from the oven and thoroughly mix together with the sauce.
If it doesn't want to combine properly, add more PB to bind.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Chef Annés Keyter from Nessies Keto Kitchen